Crosby Road to Cobham Drive
- New four lane major arterial road
- 2 new bridges at Carrs Rd and ECMT railway.
- 3 new pedestrian underpasses
- New 3m wide offroad shared (pedestrian and cycle) path along the full length.
- Dey Street Plan (PDF, 282KB)
- Concept Design Plan (PDF, 177KB)
- Ruakura Road to Cobham Drive Section (PDF, 2.03MB)
- June 2013 Project Update Newsletter (PDF, 195KB)
- Ruakura Road Area (PDF, 613KB)
- Old Farm Road Area (PDF, 1.12MB)
- Clyde Street Intersection (PDF, 1.21MB)
- Wellington St & Henry St Area (PDF, 1.20MB)
- Cambridge Rd / Naylor St Intersection (PDF, 1.33MB)
- Old Farm Road Closure.pdf (PDF, 1.16MB)
If you require any further information or have any questions relating to the Wairere Drive Extension project:
With the Wairere Drive Extension from Crosby Road to Ruakura Road and also the Ruakura Road upgrade now complete, construction works have commenced on the final link in the ring road network from Ruakura Road to Cobham Drive.
The first stage of work is focused on the section from Ruakura Road to Clyde Street, including the Clyde Street intersection. Works are now well progressed on this section, with a view to opening the new Wairere Drive from Ruakura Road to Clyde Street in May 2014.
On the second stage of works from Clyde Street to Cambridge Road/Naylor Street, earthworks and new pavement construction commenced on this section in January. Works are planned to commence on Cambridge Road and Naylor Street in March to construct the new traffic signal controlled intersection with Wairere Drive. Construction of this second stage of the site from Clyde Street to Cambridge Road/Naylor Street is expected to be complete by October 2014.
Design is now also underway for the Wairere Drive extension from Cambridge Road to Cobham Drive – the final link in the Ring Road network. Designs will be progressed over the next few months, with anticipated construction from late 2014 and expected completion in mid 2015.
There are currently some road closures and access changes to note throughout the site:
- Access to and from Dey Street at Clyde Street and on the northern side of Cambridge Rd/Naylor St is now permanently closed. Alternative routes to access Dey Street are via Fox Street.
- Access across Old Farm Road from the city to university sides of Dey St/Wairere Drive is now permanently closed. Please refer to the plan in the ‘Documents’ section for further details of this closure.
- The Route 13 ‘University’ and Orbiter bus routes have changed their routes around the Wilson Street / Clyde Street area. More information on these changes is available on the Busit website http://www.busit.co.nz/.
- Berm parking along Dey Street and access to the existing Clyde Park carpark adjacent to the Kirikiriroa marae has now been permanently closed. Vehicle access to the marae will be maintained throughout construction, and on-street parking is available on Old Farm Road, Wellington Street and Henry Street from where pedestrian crossing points across the construction site will be provided.
The No. 17 ‘Hamilton East Uni’ bus will also change its route from Monday 17th March 2014 from Dey St to Fox St in the area of construction between Brookfield Street and Naylor Street. Additional notification prior to the route change will be provided.