- Promotes and enhances the social, cultural and economic well-being of ethnic communities
- Promotes the awareness of cultural diversity
- Assists in the development of services for new settlers
- Publishes the Hamilton New Settlers Guide
- Organises and promotes cultural festivals, events and functions
- Welcomes new migrants and international students. Facilitates the Ethnic Communities Listening Forum set up as an avenue to discuss issues, concerns and ideas between ethnic communities.
The Council also hosts the Ethnic Communities Listening Forum which was set up as an avenue to discuss issues, concerns and ideas between ethnic communities.
Directory for New Settlers
• Council building ground floor reception
• Citizens Advice Bureau
• Hamilton City Libraries
• Settlement Centre Waikato
• other community centres
Diversity Toolkit: Engaging with ethnic communities in Hamilton
The Diversity Toolkit is a handy guide for employers, community groups and other service providers. It's intended to give some understanding of the cultural, ethnic and religious differences among our city's residents and how we can respect and appreciate those.
Weekly Information and Events Alert
If you want to subscribe to the alert CLICK HERE.
For further information contact the Hamilton City Council Community Development and Leisure team and direct your query to the Ethnic Development Advisor.
Other Related Services