Hamilton Plan is our vision.
The Hamilton Plan is our vision for Hamilton's future and it's a plan that will build a stronger economy and a more attractive city for families.
The Council will focus on ten priorities over the next ten years that will collectively redefine Hamilton as a major New Zealand city. These priorities centre on building on the lifestyle and economy Hamilton already has, to maximise all the opportunities.
Where we want to be:
- Our books are balanced
- The third city economy in New Zealand
- Providing outstanding infrastructure
- Strongly connected to the river
- Best garden in the world
- An active, strong commercial central city with distinctive suburban villages
- An urban garden
- Access to affordable housing
- Celebrated for our arts and culture
- Waikato is the capital of high performance sport