Central city ban area
Alcohol ban exceptions
- 'bring your own' (BYO) patrons taking their own alcohol to a restaurant
- businesses to receive stock
- residents and their visitors to transport alcohol to and from their residences.
Drinking in an alcohol ban area
A police constable may issue an infringement notice (fine) of $250 for a breach of an alcohol ban. The fine may be issued:
- instantly (without arrest); or
- following an arrest for breaching the alcohol ban; or
- by post, after the breach has occurred.