Dogs Online is the Hamilton City Council e-services tool which you can use for dog registrations/renewals and for updating dog owner and dog details.
All dogs over three months must be registered. To find out more about dog registration, see:
Note also that there is a 2.49 per cent fee charged by the bank for making an online payment. This fee is set by the bank, not by Council.
Dogs Online e-services
- Renewing annual dog registrations.
- Registering new dogs.
- Advising when dog has died.
- Advising when dog is no longer in possession (eg, lost, stolen).
- Advising change of dog's address or ownership.
- Advising change of dog ownership.
- Advising changed owner contact or dog details.
Renew your dog registration
When it’s time to re-register your dog, we either will post out your invoice or you can then renew your annual dog registration using Dogs Online.
- Dog owner number (this is found on your annual renewal invoice).
- Dog owner date-of-birth (this is shown on the annual renewal invoice).
- Dog registration tag number (this will be the tag number for each registered dog/s you own).
If you own more than one dog, you can pay their registration fees at one time. Your tag or discs will be posted out to you within 10 working days of receipt of payment. Find out about owning more than two dogs.
New dog registration
Change of dog owner or dog details
Making a payment
Making other types of payments too? Use Online services
As mentioned above, you can use our Dogs Online registration and payment system to directly register and renew registration/s for your dog/s online. This is ideal if dog registration payments or changes to details are the only tasks you need to do.
However, you can also access the Dogs Online system through our general 'Online Services' feature instead, if you need to make other types of online payments to Council as well (such as rates, accounts receivable, LIMs, etc). This will enable you to register using the 'RealMe' feature, then access all online services from the one online facility, including the Online Dogs system.