Swimming pool fence technical FAQs
What is counted as a fence or fencing?
My spa pool only needs a lockable cover, are there specific things the cover needs to have/do?
- restrict entry of children under five years of age when closed
- withstand a foreseeable load
- be quickly closed when the spa isn’t being used
- no projections are to be present within 760mm of the spa – this includes steps.
- the spa must have a surface no greater than 5m squared
- the sides of the spa must be unclimbable.
Do portable/inflatable pools need fencing too?
Can I use a boundary fence as part of my pool fence?
Can I use my house as part of my pool fence?
Can I report a non-compliant pool fence that isn’t my own?
I don’t have small children, why do I need to do this?
I want to install a new pool, do I need a building consent?
Can an Independent Qualified Pool Inspector (IQPI) do an inspection instead of the Council?
What happens if an IQPI inspection fails?
Page reviewed: 18 Dec 2017 10:28am