Build Hamilton, PIM applications, earthquake register and more building information.
Rubbish collection days, recycling information, refuse transfer station and more.
Community Development teams, community funding, facilities, housing for older persons and more.
Hamilton parks, cycleways and walkways, dog parks, playscapes and more.
Our Mayor and Councillors, Youth Council and Council of Elders information.
Search for Council and Committee meeting agendas and minutes from 2007-2014
Hamilton Park Cemetery is operated by the Hamilton City Council and has served the community since 1957, with the crematorium and chapel facilities operating since 1963.
It provides for burials, ash interments, full chapel and committal services and cremations. An administration office is situated to the right of the Chapel.
Hamilton Park Cemetery is located in the rural setting of Newstead. This expansive facility has been developed in a park-like manner and as a result has a peaceful and majestic landscape of trees, shrubs and gardens.
Council is also responsible for Hamilton West Cemetery, on Willoughby Street, which operated between 1869 and 1975.
Hamilton East Cemetery, near Hamilton Gardens, opened in 1866 and is currently limited to reserve plot burials and ash interments.
Details of some of our city forebears resting at the Hamilton East Cemetery are recorded in a booklet in conjunction with an outline of a one hour heritage walk of this cemetery. This booklet is available on this site, at the Hamilton Park Cemetery Administration Office or at the Hamilton Gardens Information Centre.
Download the Hamilton East Cemetery Heritage Walk booklet (PDF, 1.28MB).
The purpose of the Hamilton City Cemeteries and Crematorium Bylaw is to enable Council to set fees, manage and set standards for the operation of its cemeteries and crematoria within Hamilton. View the Bylaw document (PDF, 473KB).