Hamilton City Council now offers a new facility for ordering a Land Information Memorandum (LIM). The new facility will let you:
- Select the property you are ordering a LIM for
- Attach the Certificate of Title (CT) for the property to the application, if you have one
- Ask Council to get a CT for you if you do not have one (fee applies)
- Request an urgent LIM (residential only - additional fee applies)
- Pay by credit card or internet banking immediately
Click here to request a LIM and pay by credit card or internet banking
You are applying for a Land Information Memorandum. Information supplied may contain information that has been supplied by a third party and to which Council cannot state it is reliable or accurate. Hamilton City Council advises that such third party information be subject to further checking for accuracy by the Applicant. In addition, Hamilton city Council will not accept any liability whatsoever, or subsequent loss, attributed to the third party information.
Please note: Processing your LIM report will not begin until all the following information has been provided including receipt of full payment and the HISTORICAL Certificate of Title: TITLE IMAGE VIEW plus the SUPPLEMENTARY RECORD SHEET (if cross lease/unit title property). Payment details will be displayed once you have submitted your application.
A Certificate of Title can be obtained by visiting Land Information New Zealand (LINZ), alternatively you may be able to obtain one from your Real Estate Agent or Lawyer. Council is able to order a Certificate of Title on your behalf at an additional cost of $27.00.