A Public Place is generally defined as a place that is 'owned or under the control of Council, any part of a public place that is opened to, or being used by the public.'
- Provides rich and diverse culinary, entertainment and art experience that generate vitality and discourse.
- Promotes enterprise to all its communities
- Encourages the chance encounter, where casual contact can flourish to generate new possibilities and development.
- Celebrates Hamilton’s character, reflecting the uniqueness of its setting and enhances the culture of the city and its people.
- Adds to the city’s vibrancy and strengthening the existing function of areas.
Factors taken into consideration when approving a permit are public safety, location, time, type of activity and whether the activity will create a public nuisance.
If you have any concerns with regards to your activity please contact us.
Applying for a permit
Customer Service Centre
Municipal Building, Garden Place
Hamilton City Council
Private Bag 3010
Fees and Charges