The chip seal process
- Minor repairs are carried out prior to resealing.
- The contractor will contact residents in the street about a week before work begins.
- Hot bitumen is sprayed and stone sealing chips are spread and rolled in.
- Traffic is then allowed on the road to bed the new seal.
- Excess sealing chips are swept away and road marking is reinstated within 48 hours. Temporary traffic management will be removed at this time.
- As many as three additional sweeps may follow in the next six months.
The asphalt surfacing process
- Temporary traffic management is removed.
Want to find out more?
Upcoming reseal sites
Details for any resurfacing work will be posted at Delays, Roadworks and Events.