The chip seal process
- Minor repairs are carried out prior to resealing.
- The contractor will contact residents in the street about a week before work begins.
- Hot bitumen is sprayed and stone sealing chips are spread and rolled in.
- Traffic is then allowed on the road to bed the new seal.
- Excess sealing chips are swept away and road marking is reinstated within 48 hours. Temporary traffic management will be removed at this time.
- As many as three additional sweeps may follow in the next six months.
The asphalt surfacing process
- Temporary traffic management is removed.
Want to find out more?
Upcoming reseal sites
The reseal programme has completed however details for any resurfacing work in the upcoming week will be posted at Delays, Roadworks and Events.