If you have information about pollution being spilled, dumped or discharged into the storm water network, which includes storm drains, ditches, swales, gully, streets, or directly into a water way then please call Hamilton City Council on 07 838 6699.
When contacting us, leave as much information as possible:
- Date of Occurrence
- Time of Occurrence
- Location *
- Source or type of pollution (if known)
- Responsible party(if known)
- Your Contact Information **
* We cannot take reports for an incident outside our city limits
** It's helpful to have your information in case we need to follow up with you about the report
- Foam, bubbles, or milky appearance in a gutter or water way
- A strange odour coming from a stormwater drain
- Spilled or dumped auto fluids (motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, fats, oils etc) or chemicals (paint, cleaners, etc) on the street or into a stormwater gutter.
- Waste water piped to a stream or gutter.
- Sediment flowing off a construction site.