Wastewater network facts
- 797 km of pipes ranging from 100mm to 1800mm in diameter
- 15,074 manholes
- 53,251 connections
- 132 pumping stations
- 6 major wastewater pipeline bridges
- 1 wastewater treatment plant
Infiltration and Inflow to the wastewater system (I/I)
- Stormwater flows into your gully traps that are too low.
- Downpipes from your roofs lead to wastewater pipes/your gully trap.
- Drainage pipe joints leak or cracked pipes.
- Oils and greases
- Baby wipes/disposable nappies
- Hygiene products
- Cleaning products/chemicals/paints
- Food scraps
- Paper and plastics
- Paint rinse water