Contact us

​​​General enquiries: email and online forms

If you have a general enquiry, you can send us an email or use our general information request online form. Please note that this email (and receipt of these online forms) are only monitored during office hours. 

Enquiries specific to the services Council provides can also be sent to us online using our request for service online form. See also 'request for information' (including property and rates​ info) and 'request for service​s​​' below for more details.

You can also use the Antenno app to report things to us quickly and easily.

Call us

Our call centre is open 24 hours, seven days a week.

Phone: +64 7 838 6699 (07 838 6699)

The number above is also the after hours emergency line which is the first point of contact in a Civil Defence emergency. See 'Civil Defence​​​' below for more information.

​Fax: +64 7 838 6599 (07 838 6599)

Write to us (postal)

Our mailing address is:

​Hamilton City Council
Private Bag 3010
Hamilton 3240
New Zealand

Write to us (email)

Our email address is:

Report something to us (app)

Download the free Antenno app from the App Store or the Google Play Store and you can send us a report about something you've seen in your neighbourhood. We'll also keep you updated with alerts and notifications about places you're interested in.​

Visit us

Our Council office is located in Garden Place, Hamilton. Opening hours during public holidays will vary and any changes will be noted on this page.

Hamilton City Council Office - Municipal Building

Council Building, Garden Place, Hamilton.

(Free short-term (10 minutes) and visitor parking is provided behind the Council buildings off Anglesea Street. There is also an underground pay parking carpark available off Anglesea Street just next to the Council buildings).

View the municipal building map​​ (165KB) for directions.

Opening hours (except public holidays)
7.45am - 5.00​pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

​Contact elected members

To contact your elected representatives, see our Mayo​r and Councillors​ section for contact details.

​Civil Defence

If you need to get in touch with us urgently during a Civil Defence emergency, please call us on 07 838 6699 - this number is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 

If you need general information on Civil Defence and Emergency Management (including tips on being prepared for and what to do in an emergency) - see our Civil Defence and Emergency Management pages​. You'll also find links there to the Waikato Civil Defence and Emergency Group, who are responsible for managing CDEM in the Waikato region.

General feedback

​For general feedback, compliments or complaints, you can contact us by phone, email or post as outlined at the top of this page. Or you can use our general feedback online form​.​

​Request for​ information - including property and rates

If you would like to make a request for information held by the Council, you can submit a request through our online form on the request for information page​ or use our request for information online form. If you are trying to find property information (including rates), you can do this online in the property and rates section​ of our website.

Request for services

You can make a request for services in relation to the range of services Council provides. Have a look at the 'Request It' orange box near the top right of this page - its drop-down menu has useful links to information on our website which you might want use to find out what you need to know and do, before using the request for service online function. You may also find the information you're looking for in the 'Our Services' tab at left along the top of all of our webpages.

Requests under the Official Information Act (OIAs)

​​​For more information on this process and to use our OIA requests online form, see general enquiries and official information ​requests​​.

Dogs, livestock, pest trap hire

If you have any queries about dogs and livestock, including dog registrations, dog-related issues and reporting wandering stock, check out our Animal Education and Control Team's online information​ and get their contact details here​​. ​

Please note that our team does not deal with animal welfare or cru​elty issues - those enquiries should go to the Waikato SPCA - check out their contact details here. If you live further afield than Hamilton city and its surrounds, check out the SPCA's locations and contact list​​. You can also report animal welfare issues related to livestock to the Ministry for Primary Industries​ (MPI) - or call their freephone 0800 00 83 33.

​Although our Animal Education and Control Team does hire out traps for catching feral cats a​nd possums​, more specific enquiries about managing pest animals should go to the Waikato Regional Council's Biosecurity Team. They deal with pest plant and pest animal issues throughout the Waikato region - contact details here. Their website also has a wide range of information about dealing with pest animals​, including free factsheets.

Media enquiries and news

If you are looking for media assistance, please visit our Media Assistance page to contact our Communications Team. 

​If you are looking for news updates, please see our news page for our latest news and media releases. You can also check out our Public Notices page.

Social media

​Follow us for the latest news and information, including events, meetings, press releases and road closures. ​


Other Hamilton City Council social media sites or channels:

You can also check out our latest news/media releases and public notices.
Page reviewed: 01 Nov 2021 11:59am