Are you an Hamilton-based artist or musician ready to showcase your talent to the world?
Check out this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform in China at the 2018 Chengdu International Sister Cities Youth Music Festival.
Hamilton's relationship with Chengdu in China began in the mid-1990s and was formalised with Sister City status in May 2015.
The Chengdu International Sister Cities Youth Music Festival, which is sp onsored by the Chengdu Municipal People's Government, aims to promote international friendship and exchanges by providing a platform for artists and musicians aged between 15 to 44 years to showcase their talents.
This successful event has had a high international profile for more than 10 years. Each year the festival attracts more than 500 international young performers from 19 countries and across five continents.
Date of festival: 25 to 31 July 2018
The programme will run for approximately seven days and will feature a grand opening, creative and diverse music shows, outdoor performances, and other entertainment.
On behalf of Chengdu, Hamilton City Council would like to extend an invitation to local performance groups of up to 15 members to express their interest in participating in this festival, with ONE act from Hamilton to be selected to perform.
Generous hospitality will be provided by the Chengdu Municipal Government during the course of the event, including accommodation, meals and transportation within Chengdu.
Criteria for consideration
Performance groups wishing to put in an application of interest must be:
- Resident in Hamilton
- Have no more than 15 members, including support personnel
- Aged between 15 and 44 years of age
- Able to prepare three to five performance pieces, each approximately five minutes in length
- Available to be in Chengdu 25-31 July 2018
- All holders of valid passports
- Able to pay for own return air flights between New Zealand and Chengdu, Chinese visas, and ALL other incidentals that do not fall under those hospitality costs covered by the Chengdu Municipal People's Government (as listed above) e.g. travel insurance / medical costs / spending money etc.
Are you interested in this opportunity?
To express your interest, please email the following information about your performance group.
- List of members
- Group leader / manager and their contact details
- A brief explanation about your group, what you would perform, and why your group would like to participate in this festival
- Photos (jpegs) and / video footage (show reel) of a past performance.
Expressions of interest will be forwarded to the Chengdu Foreign Affairs Office, with the final decision made by the festival committee. The successful group will be notified by in late April 2018, to allow time to make travel and logistical arrangements
Please email your expression of interest by Friday 20 April 2018 to:
Civic and International Events Manager, Hamilton City Council
Phone: 07 838 6728.