Opportunity to participate in 2019
Chengdu, China and Hamilton have a shared relationship dating back to the mid-1990s, formalising it in the form of a Sister City relationship in May 2015.
As part of Chengdu's Sister City Programme, an exciting opportunity exists for Hamilton performers and musicians to participate in the Chengdu International Sister Cities Youth Music Festival to be held 24-30 July 2019.
This annual music festival is sponsored by the Chengdu Municipal People's Government and is aimed at enhancing international friendship and exchanges by offering a platform for artists and musicians, aged between 15 to 44 years, to showcase their artistic talents (singing, dancing, instruments, etc.).
The programme will run for approximately seven days and will feature a grand opening, creative and diverse music shows, outdoor performances, and other entertainment.
On behalf of Chengdu, Hamilton City Council would like to extend an invitation to local performance groups (of up to 15 members) to express their interest* in participating in this festival (with ONE act from Hamilton to be selected to perform).
Generous hospitality will be provided by the Chengdu Municipal Government during the course of the event in the following areas:
- transportation in Chengdu
Criteria for consideration:
- Hamilton based
- 15 members or less (including support personnel)
- Aged between 15-44
- Able to present performances at no less than two venues, and every team will be allocated 10 to 15 minutes for stage performance
- Available to be in Chengdu 24-30 July 2019
- Holders of valid passports
- Able to pay for own return air flights between New Zealand and Chengdu, Chinese visas, and ALL other incidentals that do not fall under those costs covered by the Chengdu Municipal People's Government (as listed above) e.g. travel insurance / medical costs / spending money etc.
Are you interested in this opportunity?
To express your interest, please email the following information about your performance group
- list of members
- group leader / manager and contact details
- a brief explanation about your group, what you would perform, and why your group would like to participate in this festival
- photos (jpegs) and / video footage (show reel) of a past performance
Expressions of interest will be forwarded to the Chengdu Foreign Affairs Office, with the final decision made by the festival committee. The successful group will be notified by mid-April 2019 to allow time to make travel and logistical arrangements.
Please email your expression of interest by Wednesday 27 March 2019 to the:
Business & Civic Delegations Coordinator
Hamilton City Council
Phone: 07 838 6766