We have a regular programme of playground upgrades and renewals across the city so our smallest residents have plenty of safe, fun and up-to-date play spaces.
We are replacing or upgrading several playgrounds across Hamilton.
Glenview Park: An upgrade to create a larger playground with more play equipment, bins, a drinking fountain, a half basketball court and seating. Construction will start in January 2021 and take approximately four months.
Click here to see the Glenview Park playground design
Tauhara Park, Rototuna: A renewal of this destination playground. Construction starts in March and is due for completion in June 2021. We're updating some of the play equipment and the safety surface and adding more shade and furniture.
Click here to see the Tauhara Park playground design.
Hammond Park, Riverlea: A basic neighbourhood playground replacement is proposed for this park. This will likely include swings, a slide and timber for climbing. Further community engagement on this project will take place early in 2021.
We recently completed several new playgrounds across the city:
- Nawton skate park and playground at Elliot Park
- Lower level lakeside playground at Hamilton Lake
- Jansen Park on Morris Rd
- Te Inuwai Park in Peacocke
- Discovery Park on Discovery Dr
- Melville Skate Park and Playground
- Innes Common at Hamilton Lake
- Derek Heather Park on Grandview Rd
- Hillcrest Stadium on Cambridge Rd
- Hillcrest Park on Masters Ave
- Hukanui Oaks on Hukanui Rd
- Mangaiti Park on Darjon Dr
- Hayes Paddock in Hamilton East