Progress update - December 2018
We are committed to embracing growth. Part of this includes making sure we have infrastructure that meets our current demands, supports growth and helps build a strong economy for Hamiltonians.
The final connection of the Hamilton Ring Road, the extension of Wairere Dr between Cambridge Rd and Cobham Dr, will improve Hamilton's liveability through delivering an excellent transport network. Work will also include extensions of shared walking and biking paths for people to enjoy. When completed, Cobham Dr will be raised to allow the four-laned Wairere Dr to pass underneath it and enable connection to the future bridge over the Waikato River to Peacocke.
The programme fro the next few weeks includes:
- Focusing on environmental controls
- Subsoil drainage so we can get embankments in place.
Enabling works (completed)
Site preparation work is now complete on the final stage of the Ring Road. During this stage the main focus was on:
- Earthworks and creation of the realigned gully
- Installing stormwater pipes under Cobham Dr
- Relocating and upgrading watermain pipes
- Preparing for planting in the new gully area
- Relocating overhead power lines.
Read more in the June 2018 project update, found to the right of this page.
Community Information Day
What is the Ring Road?
If you require any further information or have any questions relating to the Wairere Drive Extension project:
Sign up for project updates