We offer two types of event sponsorship:
- Community event fund- for funding up to $5,000; and
- Major Event sponsorship – for funding from $5,000.
Community event fund
The Council supports Community Events through the annual Community Event fund. Visit the page to find out more and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries.
Major Event Sponsorship
Application funding and deadlines - 2021/22
- To ensure best value from Council's investments and that a fair and transparent process is used in the allocation of event sponsorship funds.
- To develop new long term business opportunities for Hamilton Businesses.
- Establish event tourism strategies and new community opportunities as a result
Showing you meet the criteriaYou'll need to successfully show us that your event will result in at least one of the benefits listed under the criteria:
The principal criteria and guidance for sponsorship assessment include:
- Emerging events that are new and warrant a kick-start sponsorship investment as they are seen to have significant long term growth potential for the city.
- Cornerstone long standing events that have proven performance in delivering high profile for Hamilton; add to the city's value proposition and where Council's ongoing sponsorship support will drive incremental visitation and expansion opportunity.
- Significant one-off events that present an opportunity to deliver substantial benefits to Hamilton by way of profile, increased visitation and new business opportunities (economic outcome).
- Aligned with the Hamilton City vision, profile, and broader strategies;
- Quantified/proven exposure benefits and distinctiveness for Hamilton nationally (and internationally) and across business at large;
- Evidence of target audience/attendance at regional / national / international levels;
- Generation of overnight visitation to the city;
- Significant number of anticipated participants and future growth potential;
- Utilisation of city facilities and assets;
- Strong leverage opportunities and community support;
- Existing interests and relationships that may give rise to a potential conflict of interest;