The 2021 Single Year Community Grant applications are now closed.
How much can I apply for?
Maximum grant $10,000.
What will be funded?
Single-year community grants will fund organisations for:
- Operating and administrative costs.
- Programme development and implementation.
- Community events and cultural festivals.
- Equipment and resources that support the project or organisation.
Please note; this fund is for projects and activities taking place from April to January.
Who can apply?
Generally Council funds community organisations which:
- are legally constituted not-for-profit community organisations (charitable trust or incorporated society). The applicant organisation must have a Trust Deed or Constitution with a minimum of three board or committee members. The applicant organisation must have been operating for a minimum of 12 months.
- have the capacity to deliver the project as outlined in their application.
- have good record keeping and operating practices e.g. annual accounts, minutes, 2 bank signatories.
- provide services, programmes, activities or events within the Hamilton City boundary.
- contribute to the social, arts, economic, cultural and environmental well-being of Hamiltonians.
- agree to the terms and conditions of any potential grant as outlined in their grant agreement.
- agree to provide further information on request.
- agree to provide accountability for any funds received.
- have accounted for any previous grants before any new grant application will be processed.
What will not be funded?
- Projects or operational costs already substantially funded by Hamilton City Council.
- Retrospective funding, i.e. Specific projects that have already started or have been completed.
- Political organisations or social clubs.
- Repayment of debt, Loan, mortgage repayments or investments of any kind.
- Project costs that will be directly paid back to Hamilton City Council.
Who will be given priority?
- Organisations which meet the criteria as outlined in schedule 2 "Who can apply" and
- Consideration will be given to the number of volunteer hours contributed and any in kind donations toward the project.
- Preference will be given to organisations that have a total annual income under $500,000.
Who will not be funded?
Organisations who already receive a Hamilton City Council Multi-Year Community Grant.
When will I know?
Applicants will be advised in April.
How can I apply?
The Single-Year Community Grant applications are now closed.