What does this mean for other council services

The wellbeing of our community and our team ​are our number one priority. We are closely monitoring the advice from the Government and Ministry of Health and will be updating our website as new information becomes available. ​​

Animal Education and Control – What will they do with roaming dogs?
​Only emergency situations will be dealt with at this time. Dogs currently held in our facility will be fed daily.

Animal Education and Control – Can we still register our dogs?
Dog registrations can still be done, but only online through the website. Your dog's tag will not be posted out though until after the Alert Level 4 lockdown has ended.  

City Safe  Will CCTV and patrols still be operational?
There will be no City Safe Officers patrolling the street at this time but CCTV will be in operation as per normal. City Safe operations will be redeployed in other areas of the Council during this time. Any public disorder, issues with physical distancing, noise control or smoky fires will need to be reported to the police during this time.

Community and Social Development  What support are we offering our community?
We're working with community groups and other stakeholders across the city to get a good picture of what's happening, who needs support and how we can best help to make this support happen. We're also linking up groups, so we end up with a whole-of-community response to COVID-19.

Community and Social Development – Will the Single-Year Community Grant allocations be affected?
The grant application round closed on 1 March. We are assessing applications now and this will include looking at how funding can be used to soften the impact of COVID-19 on our community.

What do I do if I have a noise disturbance?
The Council's Environmental Health unit will not provide noise control services at this time, as this is not deemed to be an essential service under the Government guidelines. If you have any neighbourhood disturbance issues, please ring the New Zealand Police.

What if I need a defibrillator?
If you require a defibrillator please call 111.  Defibrillators in our community facilities are no longer available. 

Page reviewed: 27 Mar 2020 11:25am