The Zoo Master Plan process is focused on setting the future direction for Hamilton Zoo and exploring opportunities for growth through increasing visitor numbers or other use.
The review incorporated current and ongoing management activities within Hamilton Zoo, including how it interacts with the Waiwhakareke Natural Heritage Park, and covers the future development of the zoo for the next 30 years.
- Identify Hamilton Zoo's point of difference and marketing / promotion approach
- visitor entry, circulation and amenities
- extent of integration with Waiwhakareke NHP
- visitor experience and engagement
- animal exhibits and animal support facilities
- services and support facilities
- implementation, costs and phasing for a 10 – 15-year timeframe.
The Mayor and Councillors have now approved the Zoo Master Plan for consultation and are requesting feedback from the community and stakeholders.
The feedback period runs through until 18 May.
- Click on the link below, which will take you to our Have Your Say page.
- Pick up a printed feedback form from any branch of Hamilton City Libraries (available after Easter Weekend).
- If you're visiting Hamilton Zoo, we'll have an iPad at the entrance, and you can use it to offer your feedback on the plan.
Once the feedback period has concluded, the comments will be compiled, analysed and included in a report to Council.
Decisions on funding any of the projects and initiatives included in the Zoo Master Plan will be discussed as part of the Council's next 10-Year Plan process.