Agrichemical no spray and spray notification register

​​​​​​​​As part of its role managing and maintaining public areas around the city, the Council periodically sprays road verges and park areas for weeds.

For a variety of reasons, some property owners or residents may wish not to have agrichemicals sprayed on their property boundary, or ask to be notified prior to spraying occurring.

If this sounds like you, you can either:

  • Be added to the Spray Notification Register. This means we will make all practicable steps to inform you prior to spraying taking place next to your property.       
  • Have your property added to the No Spray Register. This means we will not spray directly outside your property. 

No spray register  

One of the conditions of being added to the no spray register is that you must agree to take over the control of weeds along your property boundary and/or your street frontage.

If you do not control the weeds in the street frontage of your property/property boundary, Council may need to resume weed control.

You will be contacted by email/mail on a annual basis to confirm you wish to remain on the No Spray' and/or 'Spray Notification Register.

To register to be added to the No Spray  Register or Spray Notification Register, please submit the following information.

Page reviewed: 22 Mar 2017 12:00pm