Outstanding things are achieved every day in Hamilton, thanks in part to the invaluable work of many dedicated members of our community. Each year the Hamilton Civic Awards aim to recognise those exceptional people in our midst.
Civic Award Nominations are open 21 October to 15 November
The awards are open to people who have made an outstanding contribution to the community. Nomination categories include involvement in the arts, dedication to people and wellbeing, the environment, education, and sport.
2019 Civic award winners - August
The Civic Awards were presented at a special ceremony in the Council Reception Lounge on Monday 12 August 2019.
2019 CIVIC AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Lindsay Cumberpatch – service to community development
- Veronica Garcia Gil – service to the community
- Shalini Guleria – service to education
- Katherine Hay – service to the environment
- Pirihira (Pat) Kaio – service to the community and environment
- Ngaire Kelly – service to women’s refuge
- John McIntosh – service to the disability sector
- Guillaume Muzombo – service to the refugee community (posthumous award)
- Dhirendra Naresh – service to the community
- Janne Nottage – service to the disability sector and community groups
- Rouruina Toa – service to the community