Submissions now closed
This consultation meets Council's requirements under the Local Government Act 2002.
Summary of proposed changes:
- Updating the reference to the relevant enabling legislation within the bylaw;
- Updating language and definitions within the bylaw;
- Introduction of clause relating to the management of nuisance in relation to roosters;
- Updating the enforcement provisions within the bylaw.
For further information
Copies of the proposed bylaw and the report containing analysis of the issues and options relating to the review are available from:
- Hamilton City Council Strategy & Research Unit, 2nd Floor reception, Council Building, Garden Place, or by phoning 07 838 6537
- Any branch of Hamilton City Libraries
Proposed Animal Nuisance Bylaw 2013 (PDF, 129KB)
Statement of Proposal (incl summary, analysis) (PDF, 201KB)
Submission Form (PDF, 133KB)
Current Animal Nuisance Bylaw 2008 (PDF, 49KB)