North of the Central City
- Only a 10-minute walk from the central city, this area is an attractive option to live as its close to work and entertainment options. It helps support a vibrant central city!
- It supports a more efficient city that relies more on public transport, walking and cycling and has benefits for the environment. Most jobs in the city can be accessed from this location by a 20-minute bus ride.
- It's supported by great open spaces nearby including the West Town Belt, Waitawhiriwhiri Gully and Waikato River. As well as facilities like FMG Stadium.
- Areas closer to the central city, Te Rapa Straight and Ulster Street could have greater heights and densities than those further away because of their location and transport connections.
- Increasing quality of walking, cycling and public transport to support these communities and give current and future residents more choice about how they get around the city.
- A greater range of housing options such as apartments, townhouses and duplexes.
- The West Town Belt and the Waikato River would remain important features in this area.
Page reviewed: 30 Aug 2021 11:16am