||Only one ancillary residential unit is allowed per site.|
||Except for providing an entrance or when located on Lot 1 DPS 86312, Lot 1 DPS 1751 or Pt Lot 8 DP 1233, no residential activities shall be undertaken at ground-floor level.|
|c)||The following standards shall apply to residential units, including apartments above ground floor and residential centres. Unless specifically noted, they do not apply to visitor accommodation.|
|d)||Density (Minimum Number of Residential Units Required per Site)|
|||i.||Minimum densities within the Business Zones shall be 30 residential units per hectare based on net site area. |
This is to be calculated in accordance with the formula below:
• 0.003 residential units per 1m2 of site area
For a site which has an area of 4000m2, the minimum number of residential units required under this rule would be 12. This is calculated by multiplying the site area (4000m2) by 0.003.
|||ii.||Where mixed-use is provided for within a development (e.g. office or retail with residential above), the density requirements of Rule 6.4.7 (d) i. shall be applied on a pro rata basis relative to the percentage of gross floor area of the development that is residential (e.g. where 40% of the gross floor area of a development is comprised of residential activities, then 40% of the total minimum number of residential units calculated under Rule 6.4.7(d)(i) is the minimum number of residential units required to be provided. |
|e)|| Outdoor Living Areas|
|||i.||Each residential unit, except for when a communal area is provided, shall be provided with an outdoor living area that is:|
• For the exclusive use of each residential unit.
• Readily accessible from a living area inside the residential unit.
• Free of driveways, manoeuvring areas, parking spaces, accessory buildings and service areas.
|||ii.||Communal open space for 4 or more residential units and apartment buildings shall comply with 6.4.7e)i., bullet points 3 and 4 as well as being:|
• For the shared use of all residents on the site, and
• Readily accessible from all residential units on site.
|||iii.||Outdoor living areas for residential units shall have areas and dimensions as follows.|
|Apartments and ancillary residential units ||8m2||No dimension less than 1.5m|
|Communal open space for apartment buildings||8m2 per unit||Capable of containing a circle with the following diameter:|
4-7 residential units – 6m
8 or more residential units – 8m
No dimension less than 2.5m
1. Communal open space is an alternative to, and not in addition to, individual outdoor living areas for each residential unit.
2. The outdoor living area for an ancillary residential unit shall be separate from the outdoor living area provided for the principal residential unit.
|f)||Storage Areas |
Each residential unit shall be provided with a storage area:
• Located at or below ground-floor level, readily accessible to that residential unit, secure and weatherproof.
• A minimum of 1.8m long by 1m high by 1m deep.
1. The provision of a private, secure garage accessible only by the occupiers of the residential unit is considered to meet this requirement. (A shared parking garage is not sufficient to meet this standard).
|g)|| Residential Unit Size|
|||i.||The minimum floor area required in respect of each apartment shall be:|
|Form of Residential Unit||Floor Area|
|Studio unit||Minimum 35m2|
|1 bedroom unit||Minimum 45m2|
|2 bedroom unit ||Minimum 55m2|
|3 or more bedroom unit ||Minimum 90m2|
|||ii.||In any one apartment building containing in excess of 20 residential units, the combined number of one-bedroom units and studio units shall not exceed 50% of the total number of residential units within the building.|
Residential units shall be designed to achieve the following minimum daylight standards.
|||i.||Living rooms and living/dining areas: a total clear-glazed area of exterior wall no less than 20% of the floor area of that space.|
|||ii.||Bedrooms (excluding studio units, and any bedroom that complies with iii. below): a minimum of one bedroom with a total clear-glazed area of exterior wall no less than 20% of the floor area of that space.|
|||iii.||No more than one bedroom in any residential
unit may rely on natural light borrowed from another naturally lit room provided:|
• The maximum distance of the bedroom from the natural light source window shall be 6m.
• The minimum total clear-glazed area of the light source shall be no less than 20% of the floor area of that bedroom.
|i)||External Outlook Area|
Each residential unit shall have an external outlook area that:
|||i.||Is provided from the face of the building containing windows to the indoor living area, and |
|||ii.||Has a minimum depth of 6m, measured perpendicular from the face of the window area.|
|||iii.||Where an indoor living area has two or more walls containing windows, the outlook area shall be provided from the face with the greatest window area.|