Enrolling to vote

​​​​​​To vote in the East Ward By-Election you need to be enrolled by Friday 16 February, the day before Election Day, Saturday 17 February 2018.

The preliminary electoral roll closed on 22 December 2017. When enrolling now, after that date, you will need to obtain Special Vote papers from the Council's Municipal Building or by calling the Electoral Officer on 0800 922 822, as you will not receive voting papers in the mail.

East Ward residents can enrol via the contacts below. Non-resident ratepayer voters can follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.

All parliamentary electors are automatically enrolled on the local authority residential electoral roll for the address where they live.

If you are an East Ward resident who needs to enrol, or have a change to your address or other circumstances, do one of the following as soon as possible:

  • complete an enrolment form at any NZ Post Shop
  • call 0800 ENROLL (0800 36 76 56)
  • visit elections.org.nz​.

Everything you need to know about enrolling to vote​​

If you are a non-resident ratepayer who wishes to vote, you must complete the form below, sign and return this to the Electoral Officer.  Alternatively, you can drop your completed form of at Customer Services, Hamilton City Council, Municipal Building, Garden Place, Hamilton.  ​

Please note that if you are registered on the West Ward electoral roll and also own or pay rates on a property in the East Ward, you are not eligible to enrol as a non-resident ratepayer for the East Ward.​​

Page reviewed: 19 Jan 2018 3:54pm