If you’re a media representative seeking information or comment on Hamilton City Council, there are a range of resources and staff available to assist you.
Natalie Palmer – Communication and Engagement Manager
Nigel Ward - Communications and Relationships Manager, Three Waters Reform
- Government's Three Waters Reform Programme
- Development Contributions and Growth Funding Policies
Growth - Simone van Asbeck
- Growth related programmes – Peacocke, Rototuna, Ruakura, Rotokauri, Central City
- Building control
- City Planning and planning guidance (resource consents)
- Regional growth initiatives e.g. Metro Spatial Plan. Hamilton to Auckland Corridor
- Strategic Growth committee
- Government water reform and Infrastructure Funding and Financing
- Civil Defence
- Animal control
- City Safe
- District Licensing Committee
- Environmental monitoring (food safety etc)
- Water, wastewater and storm water
- Transport Infrastructure and parking
- Waste minimisation
- Infrastructure Operations Committee
Community and Corporate - Nicole Nooyen
021 245 7561
- Human Resources
- Community Facilities - Museum, Zoo, Pools, Libraries, Hamilton Gardens
- Parks and playgrounds
- H3 - Council's event venues
- Customer Support
- Organisational-wide planning - 10 Year Plan, Annual Plan
- Organisational-wide reporting - Annual Report, Pre-Election Report
- Community Committee
- Digital channels
- Finance Committee, Audit and Risk committee and Council
Our Communication team prepare and distribute media releases to local, regional and national media.
All our media releases are online and include details for the relevant manager or staff spokesperson.
Recognised media outlets can be added to our media release distribution list. To be included, please contact email@example.com.
Stay informed – social media
As well as this website, Hamilton City Council are on social media.
Council publications, policies and bylaws
Council produces a range of publications and documents which detail our business, plans and strategies. You can find them on the publications page.
Council is responsible for making and enforcing a range of local bylaws, and also has a number of policies which govern its business and interaction with the city and its community. You can find them listed on the policies and bylaws page.
Agendas and minutes
All our Council and Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes are available on the Agendas and Minutes page.
Some of our Council’s meetings are live-streamed on the internet. You can watch them on the Live Stream Council Meetings page.
Hamilton City Council has a number of major projects either currently underway, or recently completed. You can find out about them on the City Projects page.
Information about Hamilton
Details about Hamilton’s history, culture, economy and relationships with other cities can be found on the About Hamilton page.
If you are looking for information on events and activities in Hamilton, visit www.visithamilton.co.nz.