If you’re a media representative seeking information or comment on Hamilton City Council, there are a range of resources and staff available to assist you.
Hamilton City Council communication contacts during the holiday season.
For media enquiries from December 24 through to Wednesday 6 Jan 2021 please contact:
Nicole Nooyen - Team Leader – Best in Business
021 245 7561
For media enquiries from Wednesday 6 January to Monday 11 January please contact:
Lauradanna Radesic – Team Leader – Great River City
027 808 8125
Natalie Palmer – Communication and Engagement Manager
Growth - Nigel Ward
- Growth related programmes – Peacocke, Rototuna, Ruakura, Rotokauri
- Building control
- Planning and resource consents
- Development contributions
- Civil Defence
- Regional growth initiatives e.g. Metro Spatial Plan. Hamilton to Auckland rail
- Strategic Growth Committee
- Economic Development Committee
Great River City – Lauradanna Radesic
- Water, wastewater and stormwater
- Transport Infrastructure and parking
- Community facilities – Museum, Zoo, Pools, Libraries, Hamilton Gardens
- Waste minimisation
- Parks and playgrounds
- H3 – Council's event venues
- Animal control
- City Safe
- Environmental monitoring
- Customer Support
- Community Committee
- Infrastructure Operations Committee
- District Licensing Committee
Best in Business – Nicole Nooyen
- People, safety and wellness
- Council property and facilities
- Finance Committee
- Strategic Risk and Assurance committee
027 345 7602
- Information services
- Organisational-wide planning – Long Term Plan, Annual Plan
- Organisational-wide reporting – Annual Report, Pre-Election Report
- Digital channels
- Council Committee
Our Communication team prepare and distribute media releases to local, regional and national media.
All our media releases are online and include details for the relevant manager or staff spokesperson.
Recognised media outlets can be added to our media release distribution list. To be included, please contact email@example.com.
Stay informed – social media
As well as this website, Hamilton City Council are on social media.
Council publications, policies and bylaws
Council produces a range of publications and documents which detail our business, plans and strategies. You can find them on the publications page.
Council is responsible for making and enforcing a range of local bylaws, and also has a number of policies which govern its business and interaction with the city and its community. You can find them listed on the policies and bylaws page.
Agendas and minutes
All our Council and Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes are available on the Agendas and Minutes page.
Some of our Council’s meetings are live-streamed on the internet. You can watch them on the Live Stream Council Meetings page.
Hamilton City Council has a number of major projects either currently underway, or recently completed. You can find out about them on the City Projects page.
Information about Hamilton
Details about Hamilton’s history, culture, economy and relationships with other cities can be found on the About Hamilton page.
If you are looking for information on events and activities in Hamilton, visit www.visithamilton.co.nz.