18 FEBRUARY 2014
Applications for Hamilton City Council’s Small Grants Fund are now easier thanks to a new online system.
Today marks the opening for the application period for the fund, which makes grants of up to $5,000 to community organisations in Hamilton.
Hamilton City Council’s Social Development Manager, Andy Mannering, says a total of $362,000 is available to community organisations who deliver social services, sports, environmental work or ethnic/cultural projects to Hamilton. The fund replaces the previous Community Wellbeing, Sustainability, Maori and Pacific Project and Out of School Care Grant administered by Council’s Community Development and Leisure Unit.
“This is the first year of a consolidated fund for community grants and we’ve made applying as easy as possible through a new online portal,” Mr Mannering says.
“This fund has a broader scope so we are expecting a wider range of community organisations to submit applications.”
Mr Mannering says there are a set of criteria applicable to the granting of funds:
• Organisations must be sustainable and have the capacity to deliver outcomes.
• Organisations must have a proven track record of service delivery.
• Organisations must have a high level of community support such as voluntary labour, donated materials, discounts or funds raised from the community.
• All funding is contestable and no roll over of agreements.
• Projects and or service delivery must align to Council Citywide Strategies.
• Priority would be given to projects and community organisations delivered in areas of high deprivation.
• The applicant will also need to meet the General Community Assistance Funding Criteria.
Funding is not available for:
• Projects/ operational costs already substantially funded by Hamilton City Council
• Applications for retrospective funding, ie completed projects
• Purchase of vehicles, capital projects
• Overseas travel
• Political organisations or work-based social clubs
• Loan / mortgage repayments or investments of any kind
• Organisations that have not provided adequate reports on past funding.
• Organisations that have untagged funds in hand equivalent to the previous year operating costs.
• Organisations that have an annual income of $1 million or greater.
The link to the online application portal can be found at www.hamilton.govt.nz. Applicants should click on A-Z Services in the top right corner of the page and then Community Funding.
Applications for the grant close at 4pm on Monday, 31 March.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
NAME: Andy Mannering
DESIGNATION: Social Development Manager
TEL (DIRECT): 07 838 6465
NAME: Jeff Neems
DESIGNATION: Communication Advisor
TEL (DIRECT): 07 838 6509
MOBILE: 021 818 564