Hamilton’s central city is an attractive destination where people always feel safe.
How will we achieve it?
1. We all work together to improve safety: the Council, partner organisations and the community.
2. The central city is designed to be a vibrant, welcoming and safe space.
3. The Council policies and bylaws enable community safety in the central city.
- Retaining and growing Frankton's unique economy
- More people living in Frankton
- Preserving, enhancing and sharing Frankton's history
- Attracting visitors to Frankton's history and quirky character
- Strengthening Frankton's connections with Hamilton as a city
Nature – all living things including people and the ecological processes that sustain all living things – plays an essential role in our community's wellbeing. The Nature in the City Strategy sets a vision, goal and outcome areas for improving nature in Kirikiriroa/Hamilton.