An action focussed practical approach to transform Hamilton's central city into a more vibrant prosperous centre for the Waikato.
It is a long term plan to guide and change the central city. There are some short term projects, but fundamental change will take some years to achieve.
Stage 2 of the Victoria on the River project is underway. This project will give access to the river and is right in the heart of the city.
Why is this project important?
- It will attract more people to work and live in the central city
- An economically prosperous commercial core is essential for any city
- The central city is an attractive destination for everyone to use and enjoy
- An activated riverfront promotes enjoyment of the river and benefits the community
- Embassy Park Redevelopment (completed)
- Establish the Business Hub
- Victoria on the River (due to be completed in May 2017)
- Upgrade Garden Place including feature gardens, shared zone and continuous news screen
- Extend the shared zone down Alexandra Street
- Complete Collingwood Land redevelopment