Temporary alcohol ban
Hamilton's alcohol ban area has been extended for Saturday 27 February 2021 for the SIX60 concert being held at Claudelands Oval.
As well as the usual alcohol ban area (in yellow on the map), you also won't be able to drink/have opened alcohol in the area marked in orange on the map (24/7).
You are able to carry unopened alcohol if you're going home or to a restaurant or shop. Breaches of the temporary alcohol ban could result in $250 fines (Alcohol Control Bylaws 2015).
Central city ban area
Alcohol ban exceptions
- 'bring your own' (BYO) patrons taking their own alcohol to a restaurant
- businesses to receive stock
- residents and their visitors to transport alcohol to and from their residences.
Drinking in an alcohol ban area
A police constable may issue an infringement notice (fine) of $250 for a breach of an alcohol ban. The fine may be issued:
- instantly (without arrest); or
- following an arrest for breaching the alcohol ban; or
- by post, after the breach has occurred.