Events and Campaigns
- service clubs
- ethnic groups
- church groups
- community houses
- family members
- sports clubs
- environmental and resident groups.
- Revegetating our city to encourage native bird life, and increase its biodiversity for future generations to respect and enjoy
- Learning about our native plants and ecology
- Having a fun day out
The Earth Hour story so far...
To help mark Earth Hour in Hamilton for 2012 we have entertainment planned in Hamilton Central plus...
- Sign up to the Council’s Know It? Live It! programme (for free!) and receive one of 200 Kowhai trees. These will be given away at 8a Jolly St, Frankton as part of the public launch of the new electronic ‘e-Cycle’ recycling site.
- Street entertainment including fire dancers in the central city during Earth Hour.
- Victoria Street (Hood to Bryce), Garden Place and Hood Street streetlights will turn off for the hour (8.30pm – 9.30pm) as per the previous three years (under verandah lighting will remain on).
- Many restaurants will be participating with lights off/candle-lit dining.
Earth Hour 2011
Earth Hour 2010
Earth Hour 2009
Page reviewed: 15 Apr 2016 3:32pm