Park Smarter around sports grounds
Saturdays are particularly busy at and near Hamilton's community sports parks, with families, officials and teams converging on the grounds for matches.
We receive a number of complaints about people parking inconsiderately, blocking footpaths, shared paths, cycle lanes, driveways, and in no stopping areas.
We're urging the city's grassroots sports community – particularly parents, caregivers, coaches and supporters – to be courteous and thoughtful when parking near sports grounds.
During the sports season please:
- Park safely
- Watch out for children, people on bikes and on foot
- Don't park on grass verges, broken yellow lines, traffic islands, or no stopping areas
- Don't block driveways, footpaths, shared paths or cycle lanes
- Don't park closer than 6 metres from an intersection
- Park in cul-de-sacs in a way that allows vehicles to turn
- Get an adult to get a match ball if it goes on the road.
Let's make our roads and footpaths safe and accessible for everyone who uses them.
Our traffic wardens will be patrolling known parking pressure points during the season.
Our aim is to work with you to make winter sports fun and safe for all.