How to pay a parking ticket
Payments for parking tickets can be made in person at Hamilton City Council, by post, or online.
Pay in person
Pay by direct credit
|Name of account
||Hamilton City Council|
||02 0316 0030142 06|
|Particulars (to appear on HCC statement)
|Code (to appear on HCC statement)
||Infringement notice number|
*If your online banking does not show three fields to enter information, then please reference your infringement notice number and / or registration number where able. This information will allow our receipting team to correctly allocate your payment.
Frequently asked questions
How long do I have to pay my parking fine?
What happens if I do not pay my parking infringement fine?
If you do not pay for your parking infringement fine within 28 days from the date the ticket was issued, a legal reminder notice will be sent out to you.
If the fine is not paid within a further 28 days after the reminder notice date, it will be lodged with debt-collection agency Baycorp.
Fine lodged with Baycorp - important things to note:
- Hamilton City Council cannot accept payment once the fine is lodged with Baycorp.
- Hamilton City Council cannot review the fine once it is lodged with Baycorp.
- You will need to make payment to Baycorp.
- Baycorp do not add a fee to the fine.
- Baycorp will assess if a part-payment arrangement is possible.
- For more information about how to pay, visit the Baycorp website.
If the infringement remains unpaid, the fine will then be passed over to the Ministry of Justice for collection with additional administration costs added to your fine.
What do I do if I want to appeal a parking ticket?
Once you have completed the paper form please send it to:
Attn: Parking Infringements
Hamilton City Council
Private Bag 3010
All appeals are responded to in writing within 10 working days.