Seeking Submissions for revocation of the Waikato District Speed Limit Bylaw 2011 - submissions closed on 13 July 2012.
Hamilton City Council proposed to revoke The Waikato District Speed Limit Bylaw 2011 (as it applies to the areas brought into the city in June 2011 as part of the Hamilton City Council and Waikato District Council boundary changes).
The roads and speed limits from the transferred area were adopted into the Hamilton City Speed Limit Bylaw 2007 (Amendment September 2011) in 2011.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the bylaw with staff, please phone Strategy and Research reception on 07 838 6537.
If a hearing is required, it will likely be held in August 2012 (date to be confirmed).
Draft District Plan Review
Feedback on this stage of the Draft District Plan closed on 1 June 2012. Information on the now Partly Operative District Plan 2016 can be found here
10-Year Plan Submissions 2012
made for the 10-Year Plan 2012 by name, number and topic.
Active Communities Strategy Review - Consultation Workshop
Hamilton's Active Communities Strategy is currently under review and we are calling upon community organisations and individuals for their ideas. We want to capture your thoughts about how sport, recreation and healthy living can grow and flourish in our city going forward. Your ideas will be used to help inform the review of the strategy.
You are invited to join us for a public consultation workshop on 19 July 2012 (5:30 - 7:00pm) at Hamilton City Council's Reception Lounge.
Draft Sub-Regional Three Waters Strategy Submissions - closed 31 July 2012
We're seeking your feedback on the Draft Sub-Regional Three Waters Strategy which sets out how water, wastewaters and stormwater will be managed over the next 50 years.
The draft strategy is an important part of the Future Proof growth strategy and encompasses three local councils - Waikato district, Hamilton city and Waipa district.
Rating Review - Changing Hamilton's Rating System - Your City's Future
Notified Resource Consent Applications
Please contact Planning Guidance on 07 838 6699 for information on Resource Consent Applications
- Waikato Regional Theatre Governance Panel: Resource consent application for the establishment of the Waikato Regional Theatre facility, which includeds 1,300-seat auditorium and associated theatre facilities, a conference centre, hotel and other retail/hospitality tenancies at 170‐206 and 208‐218 Victoria Street. Granted 2nd December 2019.
- Hamilton City Council - Municipal Pools: Resource consent application to demolish a Category B Heritage Building (Municipal Pools) and undertake associated earthworks and site remediation at 30 Victoria Street. Granted 16th January 2020.
- Foodstuffs North Island Limited: Resouce consent application for the construction and operation of a new PAK'nSAVE supermarket with a drive-through fuel facility, at-grade car parking and all other associated enabling works at 980 Te Rapa Road. Granted 18th November 2019.
- Board of Administration of the Methodist Church of New Zealand: Resource consent application for the removal of St Paul's Methodist Church, 'B' ranked heritage listed building from 62 London Street. Granted 23rd January 2018.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Trust Board: Resource consent application for Comprehensive Development Plan removal of David O McKay building (heritage building) and all other classroom and administrative buildings in Comprehensive Development Plan Area 1, and removal of privacy wall, and land use consent for earthworks infrastructure, development of residential buildings and retail precinct in Comprehensive Development Area 1 at Tuhikaramea Road. Granted 20th June 2017.
- Ross Vernall Property Trust: Resource consent to establish a ten storey building incorporating five storeys of office space and two storeys comprising three apartments on each level at 1 Cook Street. Granted 22nd March 2016.
- Summerset Villages (Hamilton) Ltd: Resource consent to amend the approved retirement village layout at 206 Dixon Road. Granted 9th December 2014.
- BUPA Care Services: Resource consent for care home and retirement village at 26 Delamare Road. Granted 10th October 2014.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Trust Board: Resource consent application to remove existing buildings, redevelop part of the former Church College campus and upgrade a section of Tuhikaramea Road, Temple View. Granted 10th January 2014.
Hamilton City Council Bylaws review
- Revocation of the Waikato District Speed Limit Bylaw 2011
- Hamilton City Refuse Bylaw 2002 Review
- Proposed Amendments to the Hamilton City Council Public Places Liquor Control Bylaw 2007
- Proposed amendments to Hamilton City Speed Limit Bylaw 2010
- Proposed Public Places Bylaw and Public Policy 2008
- Proposed Amendments to Speed Limit Bylaw 2007
- Proposed Amendments to Traffic Bylaw 2007 (Schedule E1, E2 & F)
- Review of Hamilton City Animal Traps Bylaw 1970
- Review of Hamilton City Bylaw (No. 2) 1922 Sanitation (Stables, Pig Styes and Poultry)
- Review of Hamilton City Water Supply Bylaw 1999
- Review of Hamilton City Cemetery and Crematorium Bylaw 1991
- Bylaws Review - Public Library Bylaw 1960 & Public Swimming Pools Bylaw 1967 - submissions closed 27 June 2007
- Hamilton City Parks, Reserves and Domains Bylaw 1996 and Reserves Act Management Plans
- Council's Trade Waste Bylaw Review 2006
- Hamilton City Public Places Liquor Control Bylaw 2005
- Hamilton City Skating Bylaw 1996
- Hamilton City Fire Prevention Bylaw 1993
- Hamilton City Through Truck Bylaw 2000 and Hamilton City Vehicle Crossing Construction Bylaw 1994 and Hamilton City Road Traffic Bylaw 1996 and Hamilton CIty Parking Bylaw 2004
Please contact Strategy and Research on 838 6537 or email for information on the Bylaws Reviews.
To view current bylaws go to Bylaws
Variations to Hamilton City Council's District Plan
- Variation 21: Hamilton Central Business District Strategic Alignment with Future Proof and Hamilton Urban Growth Strategy
- Variation 20: Managing Change and Character in Hamilton East
- Hamilton City and Waikato District Boundary Changes 2010: Draft Boundary Reorganisation Schemes
- Variation No. 17: Strategic Alignment
- Variation No. 9: Amendments to Financial Contributions, Traffic Management and Miscellaneous Provisions
- Transit New Zealand Notice of Requirement for a Designation: Te Rapa Bypass
- Transit New Zealand Notice of Requirement for Alteration of a Designation: Greenwood Street and Killarney Road Intersection
- WEL Networks Horsham Downs Substation- submissions closed 12 September 2007
- Variation No. 10: Rezoning of Waikato Stadium and Seddon Park
- Hamilton's Eastern Arterial
To view current Council Plans to to Council Publications.
Hamilton City Council Policy reviews
- Draft Heritage Policy
- Earthquake Policy
- Review of Council's Gambling Policy- submissions closed 27 June 2007
- Review of Council's Class 4 and Board (TAB) Gambling Venue Policies
- Development & Financial Contributions Policy
To view current Council Policies go to Policies
Hamilton City Council Plans
- Proposed Waste Management and Minimisation Plan - closed 20 January 2012
- Draft Reviewed Playground Policy - closed 11 April 2011
- Review of Gambling Venue Policies - Gambling: Hamilton City Class 4 Venue Policy & Gambling: Hamilton City Board (TAB) Venue Policy
- Twin Stadia Development Plan Review
- Minor Review of the Hamilton Lake Domain Management Plan
- Minogue Park - Draft Management Plan
- Sports Parks Plan - Minor Review of Operative Plan
- Pukete Farm Park - Draft Management Plan
- Council's Proposed 2008/09 Annual Plan
- Council's Proposed 2007/08 Annual Plan
- Council's Proposed 2006-16 Long-Term Plan
- Council's Proposed 2009-19 LTCCP
Miscellaneous - other
- Vibrant Hamilton Trust – statement of proposal:
- Proposal to establish a new trust called Vibrant Hamilton Trust
- Liquid Waste