Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
- street address;
- legal description, e.g. Lot & DP/S
- current owner;
- current and appropriate Certificate of Title together with attached diagram which is shown in the application form (for online submission the Certificate of Title can be emailed as per instructions on the form);
- the appropriate fee.
- The type of LIM you require (residential, multi unit, commercial, vacant land). Refer to LIM Application Definitions for more informaiton
*Costs from 1 July 2016 including GST
A LIM report takes up to 10 working days to complete. An Express service is available for residential LIM applications only and has a timeframe of 3 working days.
The last date for an Express LIM Application this year is Friday 7 December. If you do apply for an Express LIM after that date you will be entitled to a refund although it may not be processed until the new year.
We will begin accepting Express LIM Applications again on Monday 14 January 2019.
We will continue to accept normal applications, but they are unlikely to be completed before we close for the year.
The Council will be closed from Friday 21 December to Monday 7 January.
You will be contacted when your LIM report is ready for collection.
More information about LIMs
Building Consents, Licenses and Requisitions
- Reference to building permits or consents issued on the property (no plans will be supplied)
- Any outstanding works or Code Compliance certificates for consents issued since 1993
- If a compliance schedule has been issued for the building and when the related warrant of fitness expires
- Any other notice, order, or requisition affecting the land or any building on the land previously issued by Council
- The status of the land in relation to contamination of soil by hazardous substances
- Whether the property has a licence relating to the Sale of Food, the Sale of Liquor, or other licence (under the Health Act 1956).
- Whether the property has a swimming pool known to Council
- In accordance with the Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987, if an inspection is required in relation to the swimming pool fencing, an additional fee is payable before inspection is undertaken.
- Current rating valuation
- Annual rates levy
- Penalties charged during the year
- Outstanding amounts for current instalment period
- Rates arrears
- Water charges (commercial only)
- District Plan Information
- Zoning of the property as defined by Operative and/or Proposed District Plan
- Environmental Protection Overlay
- Whether the site is listed as a Heritage Item, Heritage Precinct, or Archaeological, Historic or Cultural Overlay
- Notable Trees on the site
- All current and valid resource consents approved in relation to the property
- Notified resource consent applications in process at the subject site and adjoining properties.
Drainage and Water
- Building permit or consent plans
Plans for and activities on any Parks and Reserves in the vicinity of the property - contact the Parks and Gardens unit.
Hamilton City Council does not hold any information concerning electricity and gas and telephone connections. Information may be obtained from the relevant utility companies.
Non-notified resource consent application in process on the subject site.
Any decisions on adjacent property.