What are rates and how are they calculated?
- The use, location of the land, and services provided or available to your property
Council operates rating categories (differentials) based on these factors. Different categories (for example Residential, Commercial, BID (CBD) Commercial and Other) will have different rates.
A description of these categories is in the Council's Funding Impact Statement (page 146).
- The valuation of your property
- A city that's easy to live in
- A city where our people thrive
- A central city where people love to be
- A fun city with lots to do
- A green city.
When are your rates due?
Rates instalment due dates for the 2021/22 rating year