Happy Feet Programme
Happy Feet aims to:
- Promote 'active trips' to preschool as a safe, healthy and enjoyable transport option
- Help shape a healthier active future generation
- Raise an early awareness of the Walking School Bus programme
- Ease congestion at preschool gates
- Improve safety on the roads
- Help reduce air pollution
How it works
- Every child is given a 'ticket' to put on their preschool bag
- Every Happy Feet trip to and from preschool is acknowledged with a 'clip'
- Every 10 'clips' are recognised with a sticker on the progress chart and a balloon to take home
- Every full ticket is recognised with a Happy Feet collectable, e.g. a badge or bag tag
- The second full ticket is recognised with a painted foot print on the 'Walk of Fame'
- The third full ticket is recognised with a painted foot print to take home for framing
- Promotes sustainable travel habits
- Incorporates regular exercise into daily travel
- Encourages road safety awareness
- Children arrive at preschool refreshed and ready to go
- Provides child and the parent with a quality time opportunity
- It's fun!
What people say about Happy Feet
Page reviewed: 21 Feb 2017 3:36pm