The main principles of this process are that they:
- Bring together key stakeholders to collaborate in addressing safety and access issues
- Rely on community participation in identifying risks, developing solutions and implementing these solutions
- Involve and engage all relevant local authority teams
- Are based on risk and data analysis
- Develop and implement an integrated package of engineering/environmental improvements, enforcement, policy, encouragement and educational interventions that will address the identified issues
- Involve evaluation that ensures measurement of the implementation actions.