- Pedestrian crossings
- Signalised crossings
- Kea crossings
- Zebra crossings
- Refuge islands
- Kerb cut downs
- Tactile paving
- Bridges and underpasses
Who has right of way at a raised courtesy crossing?
Who has right of way in the shared zone?
- Vehicle stopping is not permitted - please don't park in the Shared Zone
- Drivers must observe low speeds and give way to pedestrians
- Cyclists and motorcycles are subject to the same rules as cars and must drive slowly and give way to pedestrians
- Cyclists and motorcycles must travel in the same direction as traffic
Walking in Hamilton parks and on the riverside route
Programmes and events
- School Travel Planning - aims to encourage school communities to increase their share of walking and other sustainable travel options.
- Happy Feet – is a pre-school programme to encourage children and parents to increase their share of walking and other sustainable travel options.
- Walk to Work Day - This is an event which encourages people to get out there, leave the car behind and walk to work, or utilise public transport for part of their journey and walk the rest.
- Car Free Day
Page reviewed: 03 Mar 2015 2:00pm