The key things drivers can do to keep themselves, and others, safe at intersections are:
- When approaching an intersection, switch on, be actively aware of your surroundings and other drivers
- Signal early, to give other drivers the best chance to see you too
- Approach at a safe speed for the conditions
- Actively look at the approaching vehicles and any pedestrians. Anticipate what's coming up.
- Pay full attention through the whole intersection. Do not allow yourself to be distracted. Not by your phone, not by your passengers.
Road safety and speed management
Want to know more about speed management? Read our Myths and FAQs about speed