​​​​​​Application for a connection to water, waste water and stormwater services

Connections to the Hamilton City Water, Waste Water and Stormwater Network are arranged through a Subdivision or Building Consent process. These connections need to comply with the specifications located in the Infrastructure Technical Specifications page.

All residential lots should already have a water connection when sold for further development. 

Water meters are only required for commercial and industrial premises and other high use sites.

Hamilton City Council has a connections charge to help maintain the quality of our system.

See the fees and charges for water services for more information.

You can find information on existing connections in the City Waters Viewer.

Applications for water, waste water and stormwater connection, relocation, alteration or disconnection, can be made using the form below

​3 Waters Connections - New Connections - ​Application Form​

Alternatively, you can pick up an application form from the Council building reception

Lodging the application

Send completed application to City Waters via email –

Alternatively, you can drop off  the application form to the Council building reception​​

Payment of the new connection Application & Processing fee must be received with the application form. The new connection application will not be processed without payment of the fee

Payment can be made at the Customer Services Counter of the Municipal Building in Garden Place or via direct credit on receipt of invoice. 

We accept Cheque, Cash and Credit Cards (Visa and MasterCard) payments. Please note a 1.2% surcharge applies for credit card payments.

Paying by Direct Credit?

Direct credit payments can be made to Hamilton City Councils bank account number:

If paying by invoice, please quote the references as set out on the invoice.

If paying without an invoice, please use the following references:

  • Particulars: CWConnection
  • Code: Address of the property (12 characters) 
  • Reference: Applicant name (12 characters) 

Approval of the application

Your application will be processed by Hamilton City Council and connection or disconnection will be achieved within 20 working days after connection fees have been processed. ​

Page reviewed: 08 Jun 2020 9:16am